Health is Wealth, one of the most common proverbs, reminds us that being healthy is considered a critical contributor to the country’s productivity and competitiveness.
With the myriad aspects that govern our lives these days, it is all too easy to lose track of those critical factors that have a direct bearing on our lives. While deficiencies in physical health are discernible, deteriorating mental health is an issue that goes unnoticed and is often considered a stigma. That is perhaps why people tend to not be open with their problems, which in turn leads to even more complexities, that manifest over time and have devastating issues over one’s life.
This is one of Sankalp’s primary objectives- to spread awareness about leading healthy lives that make us not only physically fit, but also keep the mind sound. In Bharat, the issue of deteriorating mental health has substantially grown over the past years, and to combat that, each city in addition to government agencies has a few NGOs, hospitals, and organizations that are working towards the cause. All of them organize several awareness drives and talks, wherein they create awareness about the ills of improper body and mental health.
From this day, take a pledge to help those in need and ensure that you yourself do not fall into the trap of physical and mental instability. At the same time, encourage as many as you can to tend to their mental and physical health. This would be your big contribution to a concern that affects all of us.
Some tips which every one of us can follow to maintain good health. Let’s initiate on our levels and make difference in our health.
- Instill the habit of washing hands regularly as the germs easily get transported from the hands to the mouth.
- Exercise regularly to stay fit and healthy always.
- Start eating a healthy breakfast as breakfast is considered the most important meal of the day. Eating a healthy breakfast in the morning will help you to avoid snacking for the rest of the day.
- Start adding more vegetables to your diet as they are rich in various nutrients and promote good health.
- Say no to junk food
- Bathing is important as a good shower helps to remove the dirt and odor from the body. Bathing helps us to reinvigorate.
- Cut down your nails regularly as the nails act as a host for infections and germs.
- Try to avoid sharing your personal items such as razors, toothbrushes and nail clips, etc as they can lead to the transmission of germs.
- Avoid sugary items as much as you can as excessive intake of sugar puts a negative impact on our weight and skin and also leads to other chronic diseases.
- Good sleep is very important as it keeps us healthy and disease-free.
- Try to stay stress-free as it causes various health problems such as depression, insomnia, and heart diseases.
- Stay hydrated as water flushes out the toxins present in your body and thus revitalizes your cells.
- Quit smoking while limiting the intake of alcohol as these habits lead to various diseases, especially heart disease.
- Always practice safe sex as it will prevent you from various sexually transmitted diseases.