Various festivals are celebrated in Udupi with great pomp. Some of them are listed below-
- Mooru Ratha – The three chariots festival held on makar sankranti in Sri Krishna mutt is said to be mooru Ratha.The three chariots are pulled together on this day.
- Pound festival – it is celebrated on utar dwadashi. The decorated idol of lord Krishna is taken to the Madhwa sarovar on a boat which is adjacent to Krishna mutt.
- Nagara Panchami – Nagara Panchami is celebrated in Shravan month, on this day people of Udupi worship idols of cobra and offer milk to the idols.
- Vitlapindi – vitlapindi also known as ‘Mosaru Kudike Habba’, is celebrated on janmashtami to recall the childhood memories of Sri Krishna, Sri Krishna murtis are generally made with gold,silver or bronze.
- Sharada pooja – This festival is celebrated to get the blessings of Devi of knowledge i.e maa sharada. On this day people worship maa sharada in their own ways.
- Tapta Mudra – This festival is dedicated to lord Vishnu, on this day the tools of lord Vishnu i.e shankha and chakra are stamped on the body of devotees.
- Ganesh chaturthi – This festival is celebrated in the afternoon near coastal areas, Ganesha Murti is decorated and worshiped on this day.