Udupi has many ancient temples of many gods and goddesses like Shiva, Krishna and Balaram. Temples are the main attraction of Udupi (Karnataka) which attracts devotees from across India.
Following are some famous temples which you could visit to get peace and blessings.
- Udupi Sri Krishna Matha – This temple is located in Brahmagiri, udupi, it is devoted to lord Krishna. It is a famous pilgrimage place of South India. Timings are 4:00 AM – 9:00 PM. Modern outfits aren’t allowed while visiting this temple.
- Anantha Padmanabha Temple – This temple is located in the village perdur, it is dedicated to lord Anantha Padmanabha. It is an ancient temple of 7 century. It is believed that Anantha Padmanabha was an Avatar of lord Vishnu or another form of lord Vishnu.Timings are 6 AM – 8 PM.
- Shri Janardhana & Mahakali Temple- This temple is dedicated to lord Vishnu and goddess Kali. It is believed that lord Vishnu came here in search of goddess Kali. This is also an ancient temple which is associated with many myths and beliefs. Timings 5:30 AM – 12:30 PM and 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
- Sri Indrani Panchadurga Parameshwari Temple – The best thing about visiting this temple is getting the blessing of maa indrani. It is believed to be a very powerful temple which has pancha lingas that represent five goddesses. It is located in Indrani Gundibail-Manipal Road,Udupi. Timings 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
- Bailoor Mahishamardini Temple – This temple is one of the top temples in kinnimulki, Udupi. It is beautifully built with stones and wood.The statue of goddess Mahichamardini is 3 feet in height and is the main attraction of this temple. Timings 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
- Anegudde Vinayaka Temple – This temple is dedicated to lord Ganesha. It is slightly away from Udupi City but it is worth visiting as it has a very serene and peaceful environment. Ganesh chaturthi is a famous festival which is celebrated here. Timings 6:00 AM to 8:30 PM.
- Shri Laxmi Venkatesha Temple – This temple is small and well maintained, due to its presence on the highway , it is 5-6 km away from Udupi. This temple is dedicated to lord venkatesha and it is built by a group of people who belong to Goa as it can be considered private property. Timings 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
- Anantheshwar Temple – This temple is dedicated to lord parshuram in the form of linga. It is a very famous temple of Udupi district. It is a very ancient temple and was renovated by Alupas in 8 century C.E . Timings 4:30 AM to 9:00 PM.