There are plenty of waterfalls in Udupi but not all are safe or open to tourists, so before planning a trip there keep in mind it could be difficult to track old people there.
Plan a trip with your friends only in order to safely explore these waterfalls.
- Arbi falls – it is located near Manipal in Dashrath Nagar and is easily accessible from Udupi. It is a small but beautiful waterfall that is open 24 hrs.
- Karval falls – It is beautiful and peaceful, the only thing which could bother you is the place is not well maintained or clean. It is in the forest area of Udupi, Karnataka.
- Manchi waterfalls – It is a seasonal fall that can be enjoyed during monsoons, it is a very aesthetic place for picnics. Its scenic view makes it worth visiting.
- Belkal Theertha falls- is located in Mookambika wildlife sanctuary and has a very lush green environment. It is considered a holy waterfall near kollur in Udupi. Avoid visiting it in Feb – May as there would be no water during these months.
- Parapaadi Arbi falls- This waterfall is in Nitte and has a nice flow during monsoons and is in deep jungles. One should be aware of the flow of these falls as it is very deep.
- Gulnadi falls – This fall is good for camping as it is very beautiful but small. It is private property, 20 km away from the main highway NH66.
- Jomlu falls- This place is 10-12 km away from Hebri town in the Udupi district. It is formed by many small falls on river Sita. It is easily accessible and located in someshwara wildlife range.
- Thombatta falls – It is a very lovely fall with a good flow during monsoons. It is in the middle of forests but one can easily go there in 4-wheelers. It is in a small village called Thombattu, Udupi.