Uupi – a city in Karnataka, is known for its temples mostly but there’s refreshing beaches too in this city, Which are full of serenity and breathtaking views.
Here are some exotic beaches of Udupi-
- Mattu Beach- If you are a true nature lover then this beach is the perfect destination for you, it radiates peace and if someone wants to feel what taking a rebirth feels like they must visit it, Sun-Sat 12:00 AM – 11:59 PM.
- St. Mary’s Island- St. Mary’s Island is a collection of 4 small islands in the Arabian Sea, just off the coast of Malpe beach, it is at a distance of 15 km from Udupi Railway Station and also said to be seashell heaven. The ferry service operates between 9 am – 5 pm every day except during monsoons when the island is closed.
- Malpe Beach- It is unexplored territory which is seeing rise in no. Of visitors now. It is best for holidays and picnics. It is 10 km away from Udupi Railway station. It is a sparkling sea with soothing sand.
- Kaup Beach – A hidden gem of Udupi that was known as kapu before Britishers changed its name to kaup. It is famous for its lighthouse. Kapu lighthouse is open from 4 pm to 6 pm daily.
- Kodi Beach- This beach is perfect for those who want solitude and Kodi beach is where Pancha Gangavali river joins the Arabian sea. It is open 24 hrs.
- Jomlu Beach- It is a group of little falling falls shaped on seetha river, you can get refreshing vibes by visiting this beach. It opens 10 AM to 4 PM.
- Hoode Beach – This beach is located near Village Kodi. It is popular for movie scene shootings because of its scenic view. It is 18 kms away from Udupi City. It is open 24 hrs except in monsoon season.