Ayodhya is situated in uttar pradesh,it is the birth place of Shri Ram and also a place where Lord Rama has spent most of his life, if one wants to get glimpses of lord Rama’s spiritual period then they must visit this place. It is believed that Ayodhya has about 6000-7000 temples. So basically it can be considered as a City of temples.
If someone is unaware about the city then they’ll need the help of travel guides or locals of this place. In this article you would get to know about top 10 incredible places to visit in this very spiritual and blissful city.
- Ram Janmabhoomi Temple- it is the place where bhagwan Shri Ram took place and it is believed to be a very sacred place.It is in the center of ayodhya city. Timings to visit this temple are between 7 AM to 11 PM. Timings may get influenced now because this place is under construction for Ram Mandir.
- Kanak Bhawan – This temple is a must visit for Ram-Sita bhakts as this place is believed to be the personal place of Ram and Sita which was gifted to them by Rani keikai. It is very beautiful and religious with awesome architecture. It is also in the center of City. Timings are 8 AM to 11:30 AM in morning and 4:30 PM to 9:30 PM in evening.
- Sita ki Rasoi – Along with being a royal kitchen this place is actually a temple too, as we all know Mata Sita is also known as ‘Annapurna’ and this kitchen is running on her name to give serve free food to devotees, if one wants to, they can donate something here. It is on the north-western side of Ram Mandir.Timings are 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
- Hanuman Garhi – This temple is dedicated to lord Hanuman, you will notice a lot of monkeys here which some believe signifies Hanuman ji’s presence. Here you will get a proper place to meditate. This temple has an idol of young Hanuman along with mata Anjani, it is 1 km away from Ayodhya city. Timings are 5 AM to 11 PM.
- Nageshwarnath Temple – it is believed this temple was built under the reign of kush (son of lord Ram). It is dedicated to lord Shiva and situated at Ram ki Pauri. This temple is among the 12 jyotirlingas of Shiva and is believed to be a very powerful temple. Timings are 5 AM to 8 PM.
- Dashrath Bhawan – it is in Ramkot Ayodhya, this place has been decorated with beautiful paintings. It is believed to be the original place of king Dashrath (father of Shri Ram). This place is a must visit during melas. Timings are 8 AM to 12 PM and 4 PM to 10 PM.
- Moti Mahal – Pearl palace was the residence place of Bahu Begum mother of Nawab Shujauddaula, this place has the touch of a Nawabi architect. It is a few kilometers away from Ayodhya Faizabad. Timings are 12 PM to 11 PM.
- Tulsi Smarak Bhawan – This museum was built in the memory of poet and philosopher Tulsi Das. This place has collections of handicrafts related to Shri Ram, paintings by great artists. This place has a beautiful Library too. It is in the center of Ayodhya city. Timings are 10 AM to 9 PM.
- Gulab Bari – it is a beautiful garden and tomb full of roses, built by shuja-ud-Daula in Ayodhya. This place has a calm atmosphere and positive vibes due to its greenery and water fountains. Timings are 4 AM to 7 PM.
- Bahu Begum ka Maqbara – It is the beautiful Tomb of queen Unmatuzzohra Bano ( wife of Nawab Shujauddaula). It is one of the tallest monuments of faizabad and has a unique architecture style. Timings are 8 AM to 6 PM.